1. Thursdays 5pm - 8pm: Gates to Recovery is open Thursday 5pm to 8pm Gates Recreation Center 1605 Buffalo Rd. or call 310-4080.
2. Sunday, April 8th: Next week is National Crime Victims Week. Sunday 4/8 there will be a special remembrance for the victims and families of Opiate Deaths at the Crime Victims Memorial in Highland Park from 10am to 12pm. More details to follow. On Wednesday 4/11 there is a candle light vigil at the Rochester Public Library 115 South Ave. 6pm to 8pm. honoring all victims of crime.
3. Tuesday, April 17th: Join Chief JVB , Sheriff Baxter and our friends from Recovery Now NY on April 17th 4pm to 5pm at the Roberts Wesleyan College Smith Hall Lake Auditorium for a presentation "Monroe County's Coordinated Law Enforcement and Community Approach to Addressing the Opioid Crisis". If you can stay, there is a dinner at 5:30pm to 7pm at Garlock Commons Ellen Stowe Dining Room where we will continue the discussion "Drugs over Dinner". There is a $15 dollar fee for the dinner and reservations can be made at
4. Thursday, April 19th: The Next Narcan Training at the Gates to Recovery is Thursday 4/19 6pm from our partners at Trillium Health. Free and no registration required.
5. April 21 at 10:30am there is an Addiction Awareness Walk starting from 353 Court St. Downtown – the Martin Luther King Park – in honor of Justin Forrester who passed on 1/12/17. Bring signs, posters, loved one’s t shirt memorials, and help spread the addiction awareness message. Visit www.hopedealersbtc.com for more info.
6. Saturday 4/28 from 8am to 1pm there is a Pastors/Community Conference on the Opiate Epidemic to be held at the Fathers House - Greece Campus -150 Bellwood Dr. free and open to the public. Church leaders are encouraged to attend. More info to follow...This is our second series.
As you can see, there are many different ways in which you can become involved in the Opiate Epidemic. Be a VOICE!.
FYI: for those of you have lost a loved one, the Monroe County Medical Examiners Office, due to the dramatic increase of caseload, has asked that you not call their office until after 5 months has passed from the date of death. Their phone number is 753-5905. An additional 3 months might still be required to complete the death report. If you need a copy of a death certificate, you can go to the web site www.monroecounty.gov....click on the Public Health Department and then the Medical Examiners Office. There is an on line authorization form.